Having an author in the classroom connects students with reading in a unique way. Students are encouraged to explore their own creativity, imagination, writing and reading and are reminded that ANYTHING is possible when you follow your dreams.
Before Author Visit:
- Students receive order form for their own copy of Murphy and the Magical Hat and/or McKay and the Magical Hat at a (30% OFF) school-discounted price of $15.00 and for their own MAGICAL HAT for only $5.00!
Author Visit Includes:
- 45-Minute Interactive K-8 Assembly (K-3/4-8 recommended if split)
- The Writing Process…why is it so hard?
- The Revision Process…why is it so frustrating?
- The Illustration Process…how do the words and pictures fit together?
- The Power of Imagination
- The Magical Hat…it EXISTS!
- Interactive Book Reading
- Author Questions & Answers from students
- Author Book Signing
- SPECIAL glimpse of the 3rd book in “…the Magical Hat” series
- Reading & Writing Workshop Lesson:
- Common Core Curriculum Worksheet Available
- Students receive a black & white copy of the magical hat to color/draw/write where they would go with their own magical hat
- One student’s artwork will be chosen and posted on www.katedavidbooks.com along with their first name/age/city